About the Workshop:
Learn the magical, centuries-old technique of tie and dye and revamp your wardrobe using simple kitchen ingredients that are 100% safe, skin-friendly, Eco-friendly, and economical.
Make your own textile, color your own kurta with natural dyes, and amazing designs.
What Will You Learn:
- History and Relevance about Tie and Dye Fabrics that can be used for Tie and Dye
- The basics of Shibori- Folding and binding techniques to create beautiful techniques
- Various tying techniques
- How to make a dye bath
- How to make color from food waste & kitchen ingredients
- How to fix colors on fabrics and achieve long-lasting colors
- How to take care of naturally dyed fabrics
By the end of class, we will finish the dyeing process and you will be amazed as the stunning patterns are unfolded and revealed!
- 100% cotton T-shirt/Dupatta
- Rubber bands
- Currency Coins
- 2 Popsicles/Twigs/scales/ any 2 things that are in size and shape
- Pair of scissors
- Gloves (optional)
- 2-3 Cooking bowl (in which your cloth can move easily)
- Cooking spoon
- Gas connection and stove/induction gas
- Vinegar (Optional)
- Coffee/Tea powder
- Onion skin
About the Artist:
Shivani, the founder of HueCoast, started HueCoast in May 2019 as a creative dream which turned into a design destiny and made her leave her corporate job. Now, each and every piece in her shop is a masterpiece in itself and has fascinating designs. She started working as an entrepreneur and now has many great artisans working with her.
- This is a LIVE session, not a pre-recorded tutorial
- For the best experience, join the workshop from your laptop/desktop
- Ensure that your internet connectivity is strong
- Log in 15 minutes prior to the workshop. This would help us work out any technical difficulties so we can start the session on time.
- If you are unable to join the session due to technical reasons, please call us on (+91-6361358825)
- This is a closed event. Only registered email ids will be allowed to join the session.
Please note that you will receive the invoice and the link of the session on your registered email id. If you fail to receive the email, you can reach out to us on [email protected] or call us on +916361358825 and we will send the invite to you again.