Expertise level: Beginner-friendly
Age level: 12+ years
About the Workshop:
Miniature art - tiny art pieces made with lots of patience and love!
Fascinating, ingenious, and absolutely adorable, miniature art has been around from medieval times. The art form is varied and versatile - it could be any place, any object shrunk in size, sometimes even so small that it could fit on the head of a pin! These are made from a variety of mediums like paper, clay, marble, wood, graphite, etc., and are a lot of fun to make.
In this workshop, you’ll learn to make realistic food miniatures from clay!
You will create clay miniatures of the following (refer to the images below:
1) Nachos Snickers Platter
2) Idli Vada Platter
A word of advice: Do not attempt to eat them no matter how tasty they look :p
What will you learn in the workshop?
1) How to work with clay
2) How to preserve clay and introduction to different varieties of clay
3) How to add texture using household items and adding realistic features to your art piece
4) Mixing the colours
5) How to paint your miniature food
6) Tips and tricks
Flow of the session:
Materials included in the kit:
Material required from your side:
Without Art Kit - ₹800
With Art Kit - ₹1800
The recording of the session can be purchased for ₹200 in addition to any of the above tickets.
Date: Saturday, 18th Sept
Time: 3 - 5 pm
About the artist: Deepashree (from ArtDelight Group)
Deepashree is a self-taught artist born and brought up in Bangalore. In the IT industry by profession but a miniature artist by passion, she loves making miniature clay models. ‘It’s fun and even peaceful working on them because they require focused concentration and patience’, she says. Her miniatures are very popular as fridge magnets, home decor, and gifts. She has conducted many workshops on miniatures and loves teaching her art to enthusiastic artists
About the Dialogues with Art Community:
Our community of art-epreneurs and art enthusiasts is for beginners and professionals alike; we have something for everyone - events & workshops, art quizzes & contests, weekly discussions, candid feedback sessions, and much more.
Click here to join our WhatsApp group:https://bit.ly/2SHbyxz
Dialogues is a social space, both online and offline, that inspires creativity and a sense of belongingness. We, at Dialogues, are a community of passionate individuals who strive to nurture this social space for each and every person to enable them to pursue what they love - art, books, music, poetry, cinema, and much more.
Watch out for more exciting events and workshops
- This is a LIVE session, not a pre-recorded tutorial
- For the best experience, join the workshop from your laptop/desktop
- Login 15 minutes prior to the workshop. This will help us work out any technical difficulties so we can start the session on time.
- Ensure that your internet connection is stable. If you are unable to join the session due to technical reasons, please call us at (+91-6363556436)
- This is a closed event. Only registered email ids will be allowed to join the session
- The event will be recorded for documentation purposes. However, no personal details or any other information will be used without your explicit consent
Please note that you will receive the invoice and the link of the session on your registered email ID. If you fail to receive the email, you can reach out to us at [email protected] or call us on +91-6363556436 and we will send the invite to you again.
Terms & Conditions
For any queries, contact us at: [email protected] / +91-6363556436