Blue pottery is widely recognized as a traditional craft of Jaipur, though it is Turko-Persian in origin. The name Blue pottery comes from the eye-catching Cobalt Blue dye used to color the pottery.
What You Will Learn:
Faux Blue pottery art is an experimental art done on a surface with some peculiar shades of acrylic colors to give it an original Blue pottery look. It can be done on a variety of surfaces (glass, metal, wood, plastic) conveniently to give a decorative transformation to old boxes, bottles, tins, pottery items.
In this session, we will explore how to do it on a Melamine plate that can be a decor as well.
1. Melamine or plastic plate (as per availability) or Paper Brush
4. Primer (to prime the plate)
5. Ultramarine blue, White, Black
6. Palette or paper plate
When: 27 Sep 2020 (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
Where: Google Meet
In case you would like to go with the Recorded session, session link will be shared post LIVE workshop
About the Artist:
Savita Gopalakrishnan - the quintessential Mumbaikar, and the brain behind Urbankala, a one-stop artistic gifting solution. She works on the painted/ sculpted merchandise at Urbankala. Art has been her passion and she also spreads the therapeutic art through her workshops across Mumbai. She is a self-taught artist with 7 years into this color venture, after her stint as a Lighting & Texturing Expert. While she has been into various forms of art, including contemporary and quirky art, her main focus has been Indian folk art.
"Beauty is in the detailing", she says, and her perfect detailing allows her artwork to stand out. And with the right choice of colors, that are unique and fresh, she further enhances the visual appeal.
- This is a LIVE session, not a pre-recorded tutorial
- For the best experience, join the workshop from your laptop/desktop
- Ensure that your internet connectivity is strong
- Log in 15 minutes prior to the workshop. This would help us work out any technical difficulties so we can start the session on time.
- If you are unable to join the session due to technical reasons, please call us on (+91-6363556436)
- This is a closed event. Only registered email ids will be allowed to join the session.
Please note that you will receive the invoice and the link of the session on your registered email id. If you fail to receive the email, you can reach out to us on [email protected] or call us on +91-6363556436 and we will send the invite to you again.