The Gonds are the tribal community mostly found in the Gond forests of central India. They are widely spread in Madhya Pradesh. Gond paintings are a form of painting from folk and tribal art that is practiced by one of the largest tribes in India with whom it shares its name. Gond comes from the Dravidian expression, Kond which means 'the green mountain '. Owing to this belief the Gond tribals traditionally painted their homes, mud walls, and floors during festivals and marriages using colored muds. Initially, they used to do it as a decorative and symbolic art that could fight off evil and invite optimism, hence the forms of Gond art are also very simple and yet expressive in their own way.
What Will You Learn:
In this workshop, they will learn to draw these stylized characters and paint them using a particular color palette and learn to do the detailing.
1. Paper or canvas
2. Colors- acrylic or watercolors
4. Microns of black pens for outline
5. Zero-number brush for outlines
6. 3 - 6 number brush for filling colors.
7. One flat brush for wash
About the Artist:
Savita Gopalakrishnan- the quintessential Mumbaikar, and the brain behind Urbankala, a one-stop artistic gifting solution. She works on the painted/ sculpted merchandise at Urbankala. Art has been her passion and she also spreads the therapeutic art through her workshops across Mumbai. She is a self-taught artist with 7 years into this color venture, after her stint as a Lighting & Texturing Expert. While she has been into various forms of art, including contemporary and quirky art, her main focus has been Indian folk art.
"Beauty is in the detailing", she says, and her perfect detailing allows her artwork to stand out. And with the right choice of colors, that are unique and fresh, she further enhances the visual appeal.
- This is a LIVE session, not a pre-recorded tutorial
- For the best experience, join the workshop from your laptop/desktop
- Ensure that your internet connectivity is strong
- Log in 15 minutes prior to the workshop. This would help us work out any technical difficulties so we can start the session on time.
- If you are unable to join the session due to technical reasons, please call us on (+91-6361358825)
- This is a closed event. Only registered email ids will be allowed to join the session.
Please note that you will receive the invoice and the link of the session on your registered email id. If you fail to receive the email, you can reach out to us on [email protected] or call us on +916361358825 and we will send the invite to you again.