Gond paintings are a form of painting from folk and tribal art that is practised by one of the largest tribes in India with whom it shares its name. Gond paintings can best be described as ‘on line work’. The artist makes sure to draw the inner as well as outer lines with as much care as possible so that the perfection of the lines has an immediate effect on the viewer.
Lines are used in such a way that it conveys a sense of movement to the still images. Dots and dashes are added to impart a greater sense of movement and increase the amount of detail. Another very striking facet of Gond paintings has to be the use of bright vivid colours such as white, red, blue and yellow.
This workshop will teach you the inside-out of Gond art!
What Will You Learn:
In this 4-hour workshop, you will learn to draw these stylized characters and paint them using a particular colour palette and learn to do the detailing in a very advanced level
1. Paper or canvas
2. Colours (acrylic or watercolours)
3.Pencil & eraser
4. Microns of black pens for outline
5. Zero-number brush for outlines
6. 3 - 6 number brush for filling colours.
7. One flat brush for a wash
When: 19 Sep 2020 (2 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
In case you would like to go with the Recorded session, session link will be shared post LIVE workshop
About the Artist: Savita
Savita Gopalakrishnan - the quintessential Mumbaikar, and the brain behind Urbankala, a one-stop artistic gifting solution. She works on the painted/ sculpted merchandise at Urbankala. Art has been her passion and she also spreads the therapeutic art through her workshops across Mumbai. She is a self-taught artist with 7 years into this colour venture, after her stint as a Lighting & Texturing Expert. While she has been into various forms of art, including contemporary and quirky art, her main focus has been Indian folk art.
"Beauty is in the detailing", she says, and her perfect detailing allows her artwork to stand out. And with the right choice of colours, that are unique and fresh, she further enhances the visual appeal.
- This is a LIVE session, not a pre-recorded tutorial
- For the best experience, join the workshop from your laptop/desktop
- Ensure that your internet connectivity is strong
- Log in 15 minutes prior to the workshop. This would help us work out any technical difficulties so we can start the session on time.
- If you are unable to join the session due to technical reasons, please call us on (+91-6363556436)
- This is a closed event. Only registered email ids will be allowed to join the session.
Please note that you will receive the invoice and the link of the session on your registered email id. If you fail to receive the email, you can reach out to us on [email protected] or call us on +91-6363556436 and we will send the invite to you again.